Saturday, April 7, 2012

Beloved Granny

It's been a month since Granny left.
Lotsa prayers for her and we still miss her dearly. I hope you heard our prayers and staying peacefully in a better place now.
Our love for you will never die.

婆。。。。。我爱你!!!



Below is the tribute I wrote.
Written on 4th February 2012


Tribute to our beloved granny
“Lolaa….looola….” it’s been awhile since I heard the familiar voice calling me that way.
This is especially dedicated to my beloved granny. She left us yesterday, 3rd February to a better place. I just got back from her mourning and praying session. I miss her so much. Living in this mortal world; I still couldn’t believe I lost someone so close to me. 
My childhood memories are full of her, it was a beautiful strong bond we have. We are so lucky to have her. I used to stay at her place most of the time with my siblings and cousins. She was very close with us all. We could joke together, talk on the phone for hours, more than a best granny and also a buddy for me. She pampered us and we pampered her. Still remember her favorite saying was “a Guinness a day, keeps the doctor away”. Believe it or not? Guinness Stout was her favourite all time since her teenage time! The way she used to show her love was adorable, I still remember she will cook dinner for us and whatever dish we told her tasted good, she will cook the same dish for few days till we get bored. She will then try out a new dish to keep up to different flavor. Her love and care of us is unlimited. She never complains for doing chores and being very understanding knowing her kids are busy while she needs to do take care of her grandchildren.  She used to tell us stories of hers, about her childhood, married life, kids and us.
I admire my granny very much. Her attitude in life inspires me, her humbleness, selfless emotion and her determination in life. She is one of the toughest women I have ever met. Unfortunately, she suffered a stroke two years back and undergoes several brain operations, yet she still did not give up for life. She slowly recovers but at last couldn’t defeat the sickness. Seeing her grow old day by day, it is just hard to believe. She stopped talking much, eating much nor moving much and memory was limited. I just wished we could have longer time together seeing all of her grandchildren get married. But now she is gone, may your soul rest in peace. I’m sure you will be our guiding angels looking after us like always.
I love you, we love you so much!!!
Great people like my granny don’t really die, they live in our memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment