Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Bank robber or Robin hood??

Whoops. Randomly found out something from "this day in history" column. On the same day on 1934, John Dilinger was killed by the FBI. yesh. it's John Dillinger from Public Enemy. I also found out that we shared the same birth date, 22 June. woot...I googled his biography and most of it is already played in the movie by Johnny Depp. Interesting I would say. Bravo! His robbing career flabbergasted me. he robbed for live. The robin hood in real I can say.
Many legends surround John Dillinger.
One of the rumors that followed his death was that he had a very large penis (which Hoover later kept in a jar). This legend is the result of the photograph of his corpse; the bulge caused by his arm, stiff from rigor mortis, covered with a sheet; some who saw grainy newsprint copies of the photo mistakenly believed it to be his unnaturally large erect penis. lol. wth.
and the other legend where lead to an enduring notion of the "Lady in Red" as an betraying character. "Lady in Red" story stems from a poem allegedly chalked on the alley wall where Dillinger was shot:

:"Stranger stop and wish me well,
Just say a prayer for my soul in hell.
I was a good fellow, most people said,
Betrayed by a woman dressed all in red"

more about J.D, check it out : )

No comments:

Post a Comment